Sunday, July 19, 2015

Flowers!!!

Continued from previous post... "Vincent"

I never known Vincent before...but until.... Daisies.
If however that song was not about this artist "Vincent van Gogh" but another artist, there wouldn't be any post like that in this journal. So I thought, I couldn't leave without mentioning Daisies, where the Vincent brought me in here.

I first heard the name of Van Gogh from this Korean movie called "Daisy" which was released in 2006. If I told you the tag line, it goes like...
"A beautiful painter, juggles two mysterious suitors -- one is a hit man, and the other is an Interpol officer chasing the killer."


Her favorite painter was this Vincent. Because he paints Sunflowers, she paint Daisies. The little flowers which looks like little sunflowers.Vincent van Gogh, the one who made her want to be a painter.

Yes.. this film is one of my very favorites. I could remember, thanks to her, I touched my sketch pad and pencils for a while after watching.



And also, it lead me in to "A Moment to Remember" (The eraser in my mind) that I should talk about in another post if I could.

I don't want to ruin your sentiments, but this is a marvelous recap of the movie if you like to see.
https://jediprincess.wordpress.com/2012/02/06/daisy-movie-recap-2006/

As that recap says, I agree, the touch of the three way viewpoint narrations give it a amazing look, extra special and emotional overflow.

So I'll end this post with a narrative dialog from the mysterious hit man of the movie. (Sorry I'm not good at catching up Korean names)

"Flowers!!!"
"I began delivering daisies to her every day.
Because of her,
I learned about van Gogh, Monet, and Rembrandt."

Because of them, I learned Vincent, and his starry starry night...

Cheers and a nice song from the Daisy.


No comments:

Post a Comment